If you’ve ever struggled to find a comprehensive guide on digital pianos, you’ve come to the right place. With the abundance of affordable options these days, most people do not know where to start. Whether you are experienced or not, this guide can certainly be of assistance to you. Let’s not wait too long to dive in to the hottest deals and steals of the season! I will have a list of pros and cons for easy comparison.
Product: Yamaha Digital Pianos
Price: $99 – $1000
Cheapest place to buy new: Amazon.com
Keyboard type(s): 61 key – 88 key
Guarantee: Free shipping on qualifying products
My Rating: Depends on the product…
HEADS UP! This review uses Piano Language (the language that all pianists magically use to telepathically communicate with each other.)
For those just starting out…
This time of year calls for celebration and gift bearing. The items in this review would make excellent gifts for anyone who might want to start playing piano. The best thing that anyone should know about buying pianos is that the piano chooses the person not the other way around.
Always keep in mind that there isn’t ever a wrong piano. If you decide to start small and work your way up, then great! If you are confident enough and can see yourself sitting at a grand piano, then more power to ya!
Yamaha Keyboards: 61 Keys
Yamaha keyboards have proven to be very reliable. Not only that but they have such pleasant sound settings and looks. This section will review 61 – key pianos. If you’re after full 88 key pianos then look below. There is such variety, that it is hard to discern which are best, so here it goes.
- This keyboard is ideal for anybody who wants a wide variety of sounds and to learn the instrument.
- It is very cost effective and easy to maintain.
- Good if space is an issue
- Sustain pedal not included
- Middle- ranged sound quality(normal for smaller keyboards)
The only reasonable comparison will be:
- This keyboard is very stylish and practical
- It has many sound settings to make it feel more to your liking.
- This is the go-to for many starters.
- This one is a little bit more pricy, but it is worth it.
For Those with Great Confidence and Certainty…
If you want to truly devote your time and energy into playing, then this section is for you.
Let’s discuss the difference between weighted and semi-weighted keys:
If you’ve ever touched the keys of a grand piano then you will know that you have to press somewhat hard to play the notes.Yamaha has put this concept into their keyboards to provide a more realistic and immersive experience. The keyboards that they make are very affordable compared to grand concert pianos. These keyboards are the best ones for training and practicing for performances.
Semi-weighted keys do not require a substantial amount of force. They are meant to not strain the hands and wrists when playing. The only downside is that they don’t help you refine your technique. The keyboard that I started playing is the when I was a kid is the Yamaha P-85 Digital piano. Mine had semi-weighted keys and it felt different when I would sit down for a performance. I still have it as a keepsake. If any of your keyboards do not have a sustain pedal included, check out this sale that helps you save 70% with a promo code that I will provide. I will also include a link down below just in case you missed this! Only valid until 1/10.20!
The Best Weighted Digital Pianos of 2019
Would you look at that… Such a beautiful model!
- Slick design.
- Optimal performance and sound.
- Reasonably priced for the amount of features and quality.
- Close to grand pianos but lacks differentiation between upper and lower octaves(weight).
Among many options I feel that there is a good comparison:
Ain’t she a beauty. This design is sleek and would look phenomenal in any home. If you have your own music making talents, then this is to be your baby.
- Fully comprehensive features including octave differentiation in weight.
- The tone produced is just like a grand piano and is a perfect substitute.
- Connects easily to music making software
- A bit pricy, but still half the price of competitor brands.
The Best Semi-Weighted Digital Pianos of 2019
If you are just playing for leisure and blissful practice then this section is definitely for you.
This one is truly a doorbuster deal. There is a substantial amount of features that are included here! Check out the cheesy soundbite on the website 🙂
- More than fairly priced / includes stand, pedal, and built-in speakers.
- Very modern design.
- Decent sound
- Keys are semi-weighted and very light to the touch.
Yet another doorbuster…Although it is not a Yamaha, the deal is still superb! This one is truly made for professionals.
- Furniture Style Stand and Triple Pedalboard Included, headphones, furniture style bench and built-in speakers included.
- The Sound is very realistic and pleasant.
- Very fashionable instrument that would reflect well on the nature of aspiring pianists.
- Moderate price range
Finding Your Soulmate…
As I’ve already mentioned, your piano will choose you. It is the process that every musician goes through. There are countless options on the web, but I hope that many of these will serve your individual needs. It just takes a little bit of effort and I assure you that it will pay off. Don’t forget to check out the deal on sustain pedals!
Click here for 70% off.
I know that there are so many options out there. Finding the right soulmate can be quite difficult, but I hope that this helps you along your journey!
Lemme know what you guys think! Can’t wait to hear from you.
– Deeply Trebled